Once upon a time ( 😉 ) … I lived a very healthy life (Well, I live a healthy life now too! But earlier I lived very healthy)
At that time, I always made date balls for my sweet tooth.
It is a really looong time since I have made date balls, but I have thought of making them for a long time 🙂
Some days ago, I really had an urge for experimenting with making different sorts of date balls. So after work I rushed out to buy the things I needed for the date balls, and started mixing ingredients to make different sorts.
One of my experiments, ended up with these delicious licorice balls! They are so good, and really satisfy the little aweet tooth – Remember to brush remaining licorice root powder off, or else they have a too thick layer on 🙂
Yield 10 date balls
- 100 grams of dates (no stones)
- 40 grams of blanched almonds
- 1 tsp licorice root powder/raw licorice powder + extra for rolling
- 2 tsp cocoa butter
How to make it:
- Chop the almonds in a mini chopper/foodprocessor
- Add cocoa butter & licorice powder – Blend
- Add the dates, and blend it all to a dough
- Roll the date dough to little balls & them roll them in the licorice powder
→ Store in the fridge in air tight tub