A week ago we was at home, and my stepson didn’t know what to do.
I sugested him to go down to the playground and pick some plums, on the big plum tree, and then I would bake a plum cake to him 😉
He ran down, and was away for a very long time.. One of his friends joined him.
When he came home, he gave me two very petite plums and with a big smile he said to me, that now I should bake the plum cake I had promised.
I said that i could bake it with just two small plums 🙂 So I gave him the plums for scholl the next day instead 😉
2 days later, he ran down to the playground to play – he also wanted to bring a bag, in case that he liked to pick some plums.
While I was cooking, I could see him out of the kitchen window. I saw how he and his friend climbed on the tree, like two little monkeys for a very looong time 😀 ♥
When he came up in the apartment, he had a bag filled with delicious plums hehe..
He told me very specifically that now I should make a plum cake – because one has to do as promised! 😀
It was a weekday, I had been at work the whole day and had to make dinner – so I really didn’t have the energy…
But I had to, as I had promised it (and the comming weekend, he should be back at his mothers)
The next day I baked this plum cake. He loved it ♥
Yield: 1 cake (24 cm in diameter)
- 150 grams of sugar
- 115 grams of softened butter
- 140 grams of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 4 – 5 plums
- Sugar & cinnamon to sprinkle on the cake, before you put it in the oven
How to make it:
- Wash the plums
- Cut them in half & remove the stone
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Beat sugar & butter, until fluffy
- Add flour & baking powder
- Mix it well
- At last, add eggs & salt
- Mix it all well
- Butter a bakingtin and pour the batter in it
- Top with the plums at the eges and in the middle (lightly press the plums in the batter)
- Sprinkle with sugar & cinnamon
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes
- Cool it down and serve with creme fraishe