Vegetable waffles .. So good! Have you had it before? or just other dinner/lunch waffles..?
Vaffles that are mad as food & not dessert are so delicious & is a healthy, beautiful & fun way to have dinner 🙂
They are so good & they are fun for children as well.
My vegetable waffles is made with svallions & carrots, and then the waffles are filled with delicious lettuce, vegetables & chicken.
They are very beautiful to serve at a party. You can serve all the filling in different serving bowls & then the guest can make the waffles themselves – Just as they want 🙂
260 grams of corn flour
4,5 dl plantmilk (or ordinary milk)
2 handfull grated carrots (or buy pre-grated carrot)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried chili flakes
Butter for the vaffleiron (vegan butter, coconut oil or ordinary butter)
4 – 5 chicken filets (aprox. 500 – 600 grams)
1 bag of radishes
300 – 400 gram of cherrytomatoes (preferably in different colours)
1 bag curly salad (or other kinds)
1 bag of arugula (75 grams)
How to make it:
- Heat up your waffle iron
- Wash the scallions & carrots
- Peel of the outer layer of the scallions & skice them
- Grate the carrots (if you haven’t bought pre-grated)
- Add corn flour & milk to a bowl
- Mix it well
- Add the eggs
- Mix again
- Add the vegetables, bakingpowder, dried chili & salt
- Mix it all very well together
- Cover with cling film & store in the fridge until you are going to use it (or use rigt away)
* When the waffles are baked – Add to an oven grate, to cool a bit
- Add the filling & eat them with fork & knife or fold them and eat as a sandwich
- Make the humus
- Wash the salad and store in a bowl for later
- Wash tomatoes & radishes. Slice & store in bowls for later
- Wash & chop the parsley
- Peel the avocado & remove the stone
- Slice it & store in bowl for later
- Roll a lime (to release the juice) & cut into wedges (the juice should be squeezed on top of the filling in the waffle)
- Cut fatt & tendons of the chicken
- Add water to a pot, add salt & bring to a boil
- Add the chicken & leave to simmer for 30 minutes
- When the chicken is done, add to a bowl & use an electric beater to tear the chicken apart – Add to a bowl
⇒ Remember to follow me on social media! It is possible to follow the blog on Instagram, Bloglovin & Facebook.
If you want .. Post a comment below.
Should you have any questions – I always answer ASAP (below in the comment field, contact form or on e-mail)
You are also very welcome to join my newsletter ..
Find the subscription to my newsletter, below this post