We had these big delicious chicken thighs in the freezer, that we hadn’t used yet.
Therefore I thougt i would try to make a delicious dish out of the chicken and what we had in the fridge. I made the chicken thighs in a Römertopf, with a lot of different vegetables. it was really good! And you don’t even have to do anything (almost) cut the vegetables, and the rest of the time the dish is looking out for itself in the oven … In the meantime you can do all your household that you are behind with 😉
When the chicken is in the Råomertopf, it is going to be really delicious and juicy.
The skin on the other side is not crispy – that we don’t like ..
But that can be solved with you taking of the lock in the last 15 minutes and turning a bit up on the heat.
The juice from the chicken/vegetables that is left in the Römertopf can be used as sauce. You just add some cream or corn starch, to thicken it a bit 🙂
Yield: 4 persons
- 4 big chicken thighs
- 1 lemon
- 4 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 5 small potatoes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (possibly some extra cloves)
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 dl white wine
- Salt, pepper & ground paprika
How to make it:
- If your Römertopf are made of clay, Then you have to fill both of the half with water and leave it for 15-30 minutes. then pour out the water
- Roughly dice all of your vegetables (Onion in 4 wedges, potatoes in half/wedges and chop the garlic – the rest in dices)
- Pour all of the vegetables in the Römertopf and add 1 dl white wine and 2 dl water
- Rub your chicken thighs with salt, pepper and paprika
- Put the thighs on the vegetables, and slice the lemon
- Put sliced lemon on top of the chicken thighs
- Put on the lid and place the Römertopf in a cold oven
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees and warm the dish for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes – take the lid of and heat the oven to 250 degrees for 15 minutes (until the skin has gotten color and is crispy)
- Take the dish out of the oven af let it cool off
* Served it with grilled Zucchini (squah) and bearnaise sauce
The zucchini i cut in thick dices. poured on oliveoil on a grill pan and fryed the zucchinis for about 2 minutes – I took them of the pan when they have gotten that delicious “grill-look”
They are really great! ♥