This salad is a favourite. I love it ♥
This chicken salad is perfect for a hot summer day, where you don’t want to eat lots of hot food.
The chicken is cooked in the oven with lots of delicious lemon & then mixed with arugula & beluga lenses.
Beluga lenses are really delicious in a salad.
Beluga lenses, got their name as they look a lot like beluga caviar. Did you know that? 😉
This is a very satiating salad. Serve with a delicious baguette 🙂
I will recommend that you make your own baguette (I have a recipe on baguettes, that are really easy & fast to make – They can be stored in the freezer too, for next time 😉 ) or buy a good baguette at the baker 🙂
The chicken & the beluga lenses are cooking exact the same amount of time – 20 minutes.
Therefore … When you have put the chicken in the oven, then immediately start cooking the lenses.
If you do that, both things are done at the same time – Cook smart 😉
In the 20 minutes it is cooking, you could prepare the salad.
Yield: 4 persons
- 4 chicken breasts (500 grams)
- 2 lemons
- 1 bag of beluga lenses (1 dl)
- 1 bag of arugula (150 grams)
- 1 bundle of scallions
- 1 parmesan
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
How to make it:
- Make the dressing:
– In a bowl, add – ½ dl olive oil, 1 clove of garlic (pressed), lemon juice (From 1 lemon), honey mustard & thyme
– Mix it well, and put a side
- Grate 2 lemons – Finely
- Rinse the chicken & cut of the tendons
- Putthe chicken in a freezing bag or container & add 4 tbsp olive oil, sea salt & finely grated lemon zest
- Shake & mix it all well together. Put a side
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees, hot air
- Add the chicken breasts to a ovenproof dish & put i the oven for 20 minutes
– Leave to cool, when they are done
- Make the lenses – Add 1 dl lenses to a pot & add 2 dl water
- Let it simmer for aprox. 20 minutes
– Leave to cool, when they are finish
- Wash the arugula
- Add the arugula to a bowl & wix it well with the dressing (It is easiest to use your hands for this 😉 )
- Wash the scallions & cut them into thin & diogonal slices
- Peel the avocado & remove the stone
- Slice the avocado thinly
- Add the lenses & mix it
- When the chicken has cooled down, then cut thin slices of it
- Add chicken to the salad
- Sprinkle with parmesan flakes – I use my mandoline slicer for this (1,5 mm) for this (which I love very much)
→ Serve with a delicious baguette 🙂