Are there anything better than a big delicious burger? almost .. not! 😉
At our house, we don’t go to Mc.Donalds .. What you are served there, has nothing to do with real food, and their burgers are just not real burgers (yeah .. I am so sorry to reveal that for you 😉 )
Instead of buying crap, you should make your own delicious fastfood at home, for yourself and/or your family.
It is so much more delicous, healthier & satiating.
It is so delicious with homemade burger buns, and if you don’t really have the time for making them everytime, then make a double portion the first time and then store the remaining buns in the freezer – Then you always have buns for your burgers! so clever! I do that myself 🙂
I also do it with my stepson Alexander’s lunch buns for school – Then I have delicious homebaked lunch buns for him every single day ♥
They do great being frozen 🙂
A lot of the ingredients for the burger, can be made in advance.
The pickled red onions & chili mayo can be made some days prior 🙂 And then you can plan food for the rest of the week, so that you can incorporate the remaining pickled red onions in that weeks menu.
→ Remaining pickled red onions can be used in salads, as side dish for meat & in sandwiches.
Yield: 4 people
- 4 burger buns
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 package of bacon (8 pieces)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 – 2 big tomatoes
- Pickled red onions
- 400 – 500 grams of ground beef
- 4 – 5 large potatoes
- Olive oil
How to make it:
- Bake the burger buns – If you don’t bake them, then buy some big bakery ones instead of the supermarked cardboard ones
- Make pickled red onions
- Make your chili mayo or buy a good one (Hellmanns)
- Cut and prepare all of the vegetables
- Fry bacon, and when it is done – Put it on kitchen towel on a plate
- Shape the patties, make them flat & season (When the beef are fried, the fatt will melt & they get small & thick 😉 )
- After frying one side of the beef, put cheese on the fried side, while frying the other side
- Start by buttering one side of the bun with chili mayo, put on lettuce, pickled red onions, patties, 2 pieces of bacon, ketchup, cucumber, tomato & lettuce
- Pre heat the oven to 250 degrees – hot air
- Wash the potatoes & cut them into fries (slice potatoes, and then cut them into vertical thin fries)
- Pour the fries into a (freezing) bag
- Add seasalt & oil – mix it well
- Pour the fries out on a baking paper (on a baking sheet)
- Make a gap between each of the fries, so that they get crispy
- Season with extra salt
- Put in the oven, and bake for 30 minutes (Turn them after about 15 minutes)
- Serve with delicious chili mayo