Sweet potatoes .. Oh my god! I love it!
A sweet potato is origianly called a batata.
So .. If you have heard the word batata before, and wondered what it is .. Well .. It is a sweet potato 😉
Sweet potatoes are root vegetables.
They contain starch like ordinary potatoes, but they also contain lots of fibers & antioxidants.
I really love sweet potatoes. We all do, at our house.
Sweet potatoes has an amazing & special taste, and gives your dishes something really special.
Right now am I head over hills about baked sweet potatoes.
I make that, as often as i am able to, and Alexander loves it – It is so easy for children to eat 🙂
I have more recipes on baked sweet potatoes with stuffing, on the way – So stay tuned 😉
Healthy sweet potatoes:
- Contains Vitamin-C
- Contains vitamin-E
- Contains vitamin-A
- Contains vitamin-B1
- Contains potassum
- Contains manganese
- Filled with fibers & are really saturating
- Filled with beta carotene*
* Beta carotene is found in orange vegetables, like sweet potatoes & carrots.
Beta carotene gives your skin a nice colour
Yield: 4 persons
- 2 big sweet potatoes or 4 – 8 small sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the ovne to 200 degrees, hot air
- Pour oil in a clen bakingsheet or ovenproof dish, butter it around all around the ovneproof dish
- Wash & scrub the sweet potatoes
- Dry them with kitchen towel
- Cut each sweet potato in half (On the lon side)
- Sprinkle each sweet potato (on the meat) with sea salt, and put them in the dish with the bottom up (The meat down on the dish)
- Put in the oven
– Big: 40 minutes
– Small: 30 minutes
⇒ Serve with a lump of butter, dressing, guacamole or some other delicious stuffing.