Is there anything better than having a barbecue (Maybe with some great sausages 😉 ) in the summer? No .. No.. There isn’t!
it is so cosy to gather with family & friends in the garden or at the balcony and enjoy great grilled food & have a cold gass of wine or a cold nice beer! Yum!
So .. Just use your grill, the whole summer. It is an amazing summer this year, to just sitt outside every evening and eat dinner 🙂 (Well .. Here in Denmark it is. This weekend it will become 32 degrees – Wow!)
We are not allowed to use charcoal grill & set fire anyway – It is forbitten, because of the heat! I have never tried that in my life before – It’s wild! (a little funny actually, because last year we had the worst, coldest and rainiest summer ever – And this year it is the best, longest & hottest summer ever. Talk about going from one extreme summer to another 😀 )
We often eat grilled sausages at our house in the summer, but we cannot eat to many at a time.
My tip is to try to buy some great quality sausages instead of quanity.
I only buy organic sausages & sausages produced in Denmark. Then I know that the hygiene is alright & that the animals have had a good life, and are more tender 🙂 (As they were allowed to actually walk)
I also, always eat a delicious potato salad to my grilled sausages. And it should be the great homemade kind.
Not a bought tub from the supermarked with flavor enhancers, e-numbers & other crap in it. It doesn’t even taste good! (are there real potatoes in it? 😉 )
I have all my life thought that I didn’t like potato salad, because my parents bought that cr*p always. Later in life I tried to make some potato salads my selv, and how did it turnout? I loved it! As long as it was fresh & there was real ingredients in it 🙂
it is so easy to make yourself. And taste nice & fresh if you add some apples, like I do. There should be something to break the fat feeling from the mayonnaise & creme fraiche.
Yield: 4 persons
- Min. 8 great sausages (Love sausages with cheese)
- Good mustard – I use honey mustard
- 500 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfulls fresh basil
- 2 tsp dark balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- Olive oil
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 1 bundle of radishes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 apples
- 1 bundle of chives
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (Homemade or Hellmanns)
- 3 – 4 tbsp creme fraiche (38%)
- Salt & pepper
How to make it:
- Cut the tomatoes in half
- Slice the basil leves
- Mix tomato & basil
- Mix olive oil, balsamic & sugar well together
- Mix with the tomatoes
- if you want (and have time) you can leave it in the fridge for some time – to rest. Put cling film on
- Scrub the potatoes & cut them into halves (If they are baby potatoes. Bigger – then smaller bits)
- Put the potatoes into a pot with water & add salt
- Bring to a boil & cook until they are done (don’t overcook them)
- Pour out the water, and leave the potatoes to cool down
- Wash the radishes & slice them
- Peel the apples & dice them finely
- Peel the garlic & chop it finely
- Wash the chives & chop it
- Mix mayonnaise & creme fraiche in a bowl – Season with vinegar & sugar
- When the potatoes are cold, you mix them with the dressing. Add apples, radishes, garlic & chives
Put the sausages on your grill, and grill them.. Serve with potato salad, tomotes, mustard & ketchup 🙂