I made these delicious chicken burgers at Alexanders 8th birthday in the beginning of the year.
He loves my panko breaded chicken, så he really wanted me to make that at his birthday we threw for the family 🙂
I wanted to make somthing more out of it though, so I came up with the idea of putting the panko breaded chicken into a burger. The idea of the filling just came to me 😉
It seemed like a great idea to fill it with delicious & fresh pineapple & add the crunchy chicken – It was a hit!! 🙂
I love to use panko breading. It makes the chicken delicious & crunchy, but still makes it very tender, airy & full of taste ♥
It is so delicious – Try it, instead of ordinary breading
I chose to top the burger buns with black sesame seeds – It makes it look more gourmet-ish 😉
Yield: 4 persons
- 4 burge buns
- 2 chicken breasts
- Panko breading
- 1 – 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 – ½ fresh pineapple
- 2 big & mature tomatoes
- Field lettuce
- 1 red onion
- Chili mayo
- 1 pack fresh parmesan
- Butter for frying
- Salt & pepper
How to make it:
- Bake the burger buns – and if you don’t bake them, then buy some really good buns from the bakery
- Make the chili mayo or buy a good one (aprox. Hellmanns)
- Cut the chicken breasts into halves & bread them ..
- Put the flour, eggs, and the bread crumbs each separately in 3 shallow dishes.
- Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dip each breast into the flour, then shake off the excess.
- Next, run the breast through the egg to coat it lightly and hold the chicken over the liquid to let any excess fall back into the bowl.
- Finally, lay the chicken in the bread crumbs, turn it over and press it into the breading to coat
- Heat up a pan, add a big lump of butter & fry the chicken breasts (ad more butter if needed, while cooking)
- Dice pineapple & tomatoes very finely and pour them into a bowl – Mix
- Wash the lettuce
- Peel & cut the onion into rings
- Cut nice big pieces of the parmasan
- Cut a burger bun in half & butter each side with chili mayo
- Add some a great aount of tgw pineapple/tomato salsa on the bottom of the bun
- Then add fried chicken, parmesan, onion rings & lettuce
- Add some ketchup and put on the top of the bun
Serve with fries & a delicious choco-milkshake 😉