1 bowl of vegetables, 1 bowl of rye crackers & 1 bowl of pesto .. wow, thats just the right afternoon snack for me ♥
Pesto is the besto. Right?
An ordinary & plain basil pesto are just delicious – and super easy to make.
It takes one second, and it’s done 🙂
In my pesto, I only use ½ clove of garlic (Where others use maybe 1 – 4 cloves). I have tried to add more garlic, but i just think that raw garlic has such a sharp taste. Maybe I could (maybe) put 1 clove of garlic in it – but not more than that.
Normally I eat so much garlic, and I love it! Even my boyfriend hates me, for adding garlic to everything, all the time haha – I really don’t understand his problem 😉
Gar lic is the best seasoning ever! It makes all foos taste great ♥
But if you need more garlic in this pesto – Just add the amount you need 😉
Yield: 1 dl
- 1 pot of fresh basil
- ½ clove of garlic (or more, if you want)
- ½ dl olive oil + Extra for preservation
- 25 grams of parmesan
- 50 – 60 grams of pine nuts
- Pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Roast the pine nuts on a dry pan
- Take all the leaves & thin stalks of the basil plant
- In a minichopper/mixer, you add: basil, roasted pine nuts, ½ clove garlic, parmesan & ½ dl olive oil
- Season with a (little) bit of salt, taste, and see if you need more garlic or if you think that the pesto is to thick and need more oil
- Enjoy it right away, or store in a jar/airtight glass – Pour oil on top, until it covers (do this everytime you take some pesto from the jar
– No problem with storing the rest (if you don’t eat it right away)
You should be able to store it for some weeks – If in the fridge & in sealed container. Make sure all of the pesto is covered wit oil all the time 🙂