Well .. I love poached salmon, as I have written earlier
Poached salmon tastes amazing & it is so tender & soft – You really have to do an effort, to ruin poached salmon & make it dry.
This dish is really fresh.
The salmon is served with small cooked baby potatoes and a healthy & simple salad with apple, avocado & mango ♥
Yield: 4 persons
- 1 side of salmon (600 – 750 grams))
- 1 lemon
- 1 mango
- 2 big medium/big avocado
- 2 big sour apples
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 1 can of creme fraiche (18%)
How to make it:
- Cut the salmon into portion pieces (4 – 5 pieces)
- Pour water in a big pot & heat up the water until boiling point
- Pour in the salmon pieces & take the pot of the heat
- Leave the salmon in the water for 20 minutes
- Carefully take the salmon up from the pot (with a skimmer)
* If the salmon has skin on, it is very easy to just peel it off now
- Sqeeze lemon juice on top & sprinkle with sea salt
- Peel the mango & remove the stone
- Dice the mango & add to a bowl
- Wash the apple & dice it
- Peel the avocados, remove the stone & dice
- Add some lemon juice & mix it all well
* Dice all the fruit in the same same size
- Wash & cook the potatoes
(Cut the big ones in half, so that all the potatoes are the same size)
- Server det hele med creme fraiche
Some information, about the ingredients in this dish:
Salmon is healthy … You just need to buy the right kind of salmon.
As I understand it, then you should stay away from Norwegian salon:
it is bred & the salmon is stuffed with antibiotics, colourants etc. (Then it’s not that healthy to eat salmon anyway, hah?)
It is so disgusting, to think about, that it is legal for companies & breeders to fill you with all of that sh*t! 🙁
As I understand it, you should try to buy wild salmon, faraoe salon (That is bred to, but they have much stricter rules about, what to give the fish) or greenlandic salmon.
I have searched in my supermarkets.
And There is only one solution for me, if I want ex. smoked salmon, that is not bad for my body.
It is: ‘Sockeye wild salmon from Alaska’.
If you get the right kind of salmon – It is very healthy & contains:
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Lots of protein
- B12 vitamins
- Omega-6 acids
* Avocados are filled with fat, but … It is the healthy kind of fat – And your body do need fat! (That’s reality) 🙂
The important thing, is that you get the fat from the right & healthy source – This is where the avocado comes in the picture.
Mango tastes amazing, and it is really good if you have a sweet tooth 🙂
- A bit calcium
- Fibers – Good for digestion
- Lots of antioxidants
Contains few calories.
1 apple contains 100 calories.
Apples also contains: