This is one of my favourite food with rye bread:
I love rye bread for dinner – There just have to be some really great filling on it:
I realy don’t want a piece of bread with a slice of ham on – Totally uninspiring.
A great piece of bread with some nice & healthy mashed avocado on & a poched egg are amazing! ♥
Just because avocados are high in fat, it doesn’t mean that you should stay away from this amazing fruit 🙂
Avocado are super healthy & contains a lot of fibers, that keeps you satiated for a long time ♥
1 avocado contains 30 grams of fatt, but 20 grams of these are monounsaturated fatty acids.
Monounsaturated fatty acids are great for removing fatt from your belly (Yes, it sounds stupid – But it’s true)
It is fatt …. But it is healthy fatt! And that is what you & your body need 🙂
Eat ½ – 1 avocado a day. That is good for you.
Avocado lower your cholesterol & prevent blood clots & arteriosclerosis.
Avocado lso contains a bunch of nutrients, and lots of antioxidants. These antioxidants helps your body prevent inflammation & improve the blood flow.
- Healthy fatty acids (monounsaturated) – This lower your cholesterol level
- Lots of Vitamin-K
if you only need ½ avocado, then leave the avocado seed in the part of the avocado you are not eating.
Then put it in a freezing bag & store in the fridge 🙂
Yield: 2 persons
- 2 great pieces of rye bread
- 2 avocado
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
How to make it:
- Slice the lemon
- Peel the avocado & remove the avocado-seed
- Add all the avocado meat to a bowl & mash/stir the avocado well with a fork
- Add lemon juice (after need)
- Cut your bread in half & roast it lightly
- Poach your eggs
- Spred a good layer of mashed avocado on your bread, add a poached egg and season with salt & pepper
How to poach an egg:
- At first .. You need a pot
- Fill half of the pot with water
- Turn on the stove – highest – and put the pot on
- Add a splash of vinegar, put on a lid & bring it to a boil
- Crack an egg in a little bowl or cup (The egg must not be ruined)
- When the water has is boiling, then take the pot of the heat
- Make a whirl in the middle of the pot, with a balloon whisk
- Carefully add the egg to the whirl & let the white gather around the yolk (sometimes I help, by carefully gathering the white around the yolk myself, with the balloon whisk)
- When the while is covering the yolk, then leave it in the hot water for aprox. 3 minutes – Not more than that.
- Take the egg out of the pot with a skimmer, put it in a bowl, with paper towel, and then add it to your dish – Always season with salt & pepper
It is very hard to make poached eggs, so you’ll have to practice.
Wait and see .. You’ll learn it real soon 🙂
It is really worth all the work, as it tastes amazing ♥
…. Even Alexander, is asking me every single weekend, if he can get a poached egg 😉