We love pasta.
Pasta is so delicious, but it is not healthy at all .. So consume it in moderation 😉
it is possible to make so many different dishes with pasta.
This pasta dish is a big big hit at our house. Alexander loves it ♥
It is even better when there are leftover that he can bring for lunch at school.
I always use big pasta, like rigatoni or mezze maniche for this dish.
They are beautiful & delicious.
This dish is filled with great taste & delicious tiger prawns, so there are a great texture in the dish from prawns & carrots.
We normally don’t eat that much tiger prawns, or shrimps at all at home, but we love it in this dish ♥
I have a bit of a hard time with tiger prawns, as they taste very good when you cook them the right way, but they are far from climate friendly – All tiger prawns are farmed(!!) & they are not at all climate friendly to farm + they are filled with antibiotics.
There are also a lot of other cruel stuff being done to these prawns – But it is possible to find farmers, that are humane
Yield: 4 persons
- 5 big carrots
- 500 grams of pasta (rigatoni or mezze maniche – Big pastas)
- 1 bag of baby spinach (75 grams)
- 1 pack/bag of tiger prawns – Cooked & peeled (200 eller 275 gram)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato puré
- 500 ml cream
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bundle of parsley
- Salt & pepper
How to make it:
- Remember to take the prawns out of the freezer a day before (if they are stored in the freezer)
- Peel off the tails & remember to check if you also got the colon (very important, that is is been removed)
* You can also cut the back open, to check
- Chop the parsley & store in abowl for sprinkle
- Wash the tomatoes & cut each tomato in aprox. 8 wedges
- Finely grate the lemon, cut the lemon i half & press the juice from ½ lemon in a bowl
- Peel garlic & slice thinly
- Wash the carrots & cut in half (on the long side) After this, you cut the carrots in 2 cm pieces from top to bottom
- Heat up a pan and add olive oil
- Add garlic & fry until they are soft
- Add cream & tomato puré – Stir until all of the tomato puré has dissolved
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, tomatoes, spices & carrots
- Leave to simmer for aprox. 15 minutes
- Prepare the pasta as described on the package
- Wash the spinach
- Add spinach & prawns to the pan
- Stir it all & leave to simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve with chopped parsley & finely grated parmesan