A homemade tomatosauce, tastes so much better than the once you buy at the supermarket, and it is super easy to make.
Man kan tydeligt smage forskel. Den smager super frisk & ægte ♥
As soon as you have skinned the tomatoes, then the rest are taking care of it self.
Let it simmer – And do other fun & imortant things while it is cooking 🙂
When it is done, pour on preserved glasses & save it for a rainy day ..
I make a bunch at a time and then store in the fridge – Then I always have some delicious stuff for a easy dinner, later on
I use my tomato sauce on pizza & pasta.
Yield: 700 ml
- 1 kg fresh & mature tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bundle/pot of fresh basil
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- Salt & pepper
- 3 dl water
- ½ – 1 fresh chili – If you wish. Also remeber to remove the seeds, if you don’t like it to hot
How to make it:
Skin the tomatoes – How to do it:
- With a herbal knife, cut out the little green spot on top of the tomato (small hole)
- Cut a cross in the bottom of the tomato
- Take a pot & fill it with water
- Bring it to a boil
- When the water is boiling, then jump the tomatoes in the pot
- Have a big bowl with ice cold water beside you
- Leave them until the skin are beginning to go off
- When the tomatoes are done, you take them out of the pot with a skimmer
- Immediately dump the tomatoes into the ice cold water
- Take them up, and peel all the skin off
- Dice the tomatoes, and store in a big bowl
- Peel & chop the garlic
- Peel all the leaves of the basil
- If you are using chili, then wash & chop it (Remeber to remove the seeds if needed)
- Add olive oil to a pot
- Add garlic (and chili?)
- Fry, while stiring. The garlic must not burn
- Add basil & stir until it has collapsed
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste & water
- Let it all simmer on medium/low heat with a lid on for 15 minutes.
- Take the lid off, and simmer for 30 minutes – Stir once in a while, to be sure it does not burn
- Season with salt & pepper
- Pour it all into a blenedr, and blend it to a nice & smooth mixture
- Eat right away, or store in sealed glass container – Preserve it!
⌈Read below, how I do⌋
I preserve, in a natural way, as I really want to avoid things in my food that is bad for me & my body.
It works perfectly & let your food stay fresh for a long time – And yes, you can feed it to your children.
There is not alcohol in your food, the jars are just fast washed with it.
I do this:
- I begin with scalding the jars in hot water
- Then I turn on the oven, on 50 degrees (upper & lower heat)
- I put the jars on a dishtowel (on a bakingplate) and put it in the middle of the oven
- After 15, take it out
- Pour a bit rum in one of the jars and close the lid
- Shake it all around, and por the rum into the next jar.
Continue the procedure & at last pour the rum in the zink
- Pour in the tomato sauce, put on the lid & store in the fridge (Whilie it’s all still warm)