Mmm .. Cranberry sauce 🙂
I have made this, the last couple of chistmases.
I have always helped my mother with the chistmas food, and that’s where I got this delicious stuff sneaked onto the christmas table.
Now it’s a tradition.
This year, It’s my turn to throw christmas (Yiikes, so nervous), and of course I am making a lot of delicious cranberry sauce
The family loves it too! ♥
It is so easy to make and it tastes amazing with the duck or turkey. These two things really compliment each other.
I add some orange & cinnamon to my cranberry sauce. It makes it a bit more fresh & delcious
Yield: 4 – 6 persons
- 1 package of fresh cranberries (aprox. 250 grams)
- 150 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
How to make it:
- Turn on the stove – High heat
- To a pot, add water & sugar
- Bring to a boil, and leave it to simmer until the sugar has dissolved
- Wash the cranberries & add to the pot
- Add cinnamon stick, orange peel (Finely grated) + Some orange juice
- Change to medium/low heat & leave it so simmer for aprox. 10 minutes
- Stir & mash the cranberries with spoon
- Eat right away or store in air tight container in the fridge