I love Umahro.
He is an amazing cook & intermediary.
Actually it is because of him that I, years ago started to think more & more about my health, what I put in my mouth & my body and how important it is to eat clean food (Eat as little processed food, as possible), and after I have done this more & more I have found out that homemade food (From scratch) doesn’t take as long as people think it does.
It is about planning, and really wanting, not to fill your body with things that is not good for you 🙂
I have 2 of Umahros cookbooks & my favourite recipe is this great, easy & healthy soup ♥
It is a tomato & chicken soup, with lots of taste!
The soup is easy to make, and you just leave it to simmer most of the time 🙂
Yield: 4 persons
- 400 grams of chicken breast
- 3 yellow onions
- 1 small celeriac
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- Hot water
- 1 pot of fresh basil
- Butter, olive oil or coconut oil
How to make it:
- Peel onions & garlic
- Slice onions & garlic in very thin slices
- Dice the chicken breast
- Peel & dice the celeriac
- Pick off the leaves from the basil plant
- Fry onions, garlic, celeriac & chicken in the oil, in a pot on low/medium heat in 10 – 15 minutes
- Add the canned tomatoes
- Bring to a boil & let the soup simmer (With lid on) on low heat for 30 – 45 minutes
- Stir once in a while, so it will nor burn
- Add hot water (Just add, so you have the amount of soup & the consistency you wish)
- Season with salt & pepper
- Add the basil leaves & mix