I love peppermint – Everything with peppermint! (After Eight, Fazermint etc.), and I just love peppermint buttons ♥
The first time I had these peppermint buttons, was when I was little and went to school. I tasted them at some arrangement at school – My teacher made them.
I just loved them right away, and I remember her giving me the recipe – already then I was food interessted 😉 haha ..
They are so simple to make, and they taste great!
Yield: 70 pieces
- 370 grams of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of pasteurized egg white (1.25 egg white / 40 grams)
- 1 tbsp peppermint essence
- Chokolade buttons
How to make it:
- Pour egg whites in a bowl and add peppermint essence
- Mix it all well together with a handmixer
- Add powdered sugar
- Whip it well together, until it becomes a thick essembled mass
- Put baking paper on a baking sheet / plate / ovenproof dish
- Roll little balls with the peppermint mass
- Place the balls on the baking paper & lightly press them flat with a finger
- Press down a chocolate button into each one
- When all of the peppermint buttons are made, put them in the fridge to congeal (with plastic wrap on)
- After: Store in the fridge in cake tins