I love pickled red onions ♥
Pickled red onions are so good & perfect for a salad, sandwich, hotdog or burger.
It is super easy to make – It takes only about 10 minutes
You can also make pickled red onions a lot of days before you are actually having them – I love that! 🙂
Serve your pink beuties on bread with potato or in a bacon cheese burger.
It just gives the final touch to the food.
Yield: 2 red onions
- 2 big red onions
- 1 ½ dl vinegar
- 1 dl water
- 100 grams of sugar
- 5 whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
How to make it:
- Peel the onions, slice them and put the onions in a patent glass
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a pot and heat up to boiling point
- Make sure all of the sugar has been dissolved
- Pour the mixture over the onions (in the patent glass)
- Let it cool down
- Put a lid on, and store in the fridge for min. 2 hours (The longer, the better) before using them
I preserve, in a natural way, as I really want to avoid things in my food that is bad for me & my body.
It works perfectly & let your food fresh for a long time – And yes, you can feed it to your children.
There is not alcohol in your food, the jars are just fast washed with it.
⇒ Remember to follow me on sociale media!
You can follow the blog on Instagram, Bloglovin or on the blogs Facebook site.
You can also write a comment on this post – Below .. Should you have any questions – I always answer ASAP! 🙂