Have you ever tasted butternut squash?
it is sooo delicious – It tastes like pumpkin.. Which it also is .. (It is a mix between a squash & a pumpkin)
A butternut squash tastes very sweet, just like a hokkaido pumpkin ♥
Some days ago, I made a puré of my butternut squash, and it was delicious.
You can use the puré for a lot of things:
- As baby food
- In cakes
- As pasta sauce
- As a snack
I have used the puré for cupcakes & pasta sauce – Recipes will be posted later.
Yield: Aprox. 500 grams
- 1 butternut squash
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (not hotair)
- Cut your beautiful butternut squash into half
- Scrape out mot of the seeds with a fork
- Scrape rest of the seeds & the fibers with a sharp knife
- Place the two halves on a baking sheet, with baking paper on (the butternut squash placed with the peel facing up)
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes
- take it out of the oven and let it cool off
- When it has cooled, then scrape / take off the peel
- Dice the butternut squash
- Pour the diced butternut squash into a foodprocessor, hand blender or mini chopper and blend it to a beautifull smooth puré