At our house we love bacon that is wrapped around small, sweet & soft dates ♥
It is really surprising that a thing that are so easy to make – tastes that great! yummy yum ..
When we are going to have a great friday evening, my boyfriend use to say that he wants carpaccio & bacon wrapped dates. We love it! We use so long time to eat, talk & watch a great movie – Great cozy food (can I call it that? :D)
Bacon wrapped dates are so delicious. Serve them as a snack, tapas or as a side dish.
That sweet taste from the dates, goes very well hand in hand with that salty & smoked bacon.
The dates are tastng a bit caramel-ish, when they are cooked.
Dates are really sweet, and they are great as a sweetness alternative in a healthy (n)ice cream or smoothie 🙂
I do that.
Also … Dates are filled with vitamin-A, potassium, magnesium, fibers & water – All these things are very good for you 🙂
Yes, dates are also filled with fruit sugar, but it’s okay. Dates contains natural sugar, and not added sugar as in a bag of candy (That also are filled with a lot of other crap – by the way!)
I would always choose the date instead of the candy – If I look at it in the health way!
The dates are the most natural thing for your body & your health to eat 🙂
Yield: Aprox. 12 dates
- 1 bag of dates
- 1 package of sliced bacon
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut your sliced bacon i half
- Roll ½ slice of bacon around each date – close with a toothpick
- Place your bacon-dates on a baking sheet with baking paper on
- Put them in the oven & bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- When they’re done – Take them out of the oven, let them cool down a bit & pour them into a bowl