I love homemade sirup ♥
Homemade sirup is so easy to make, it is cheaper than buying premade sirup with different flavours & you can make so many different kinds yourself 🙂
I have made so many different kinds & I love to experiment with making sirup.
This sirup is with orange & ginger. Love love love!
Sirup can be used for lots of different things.
I use it for pancakes/waffles, french toast, ice cream & cocktails (Hint: G&T 😉 )
This G&T with orange is so good.
I can really recommend you to buy a cocktail shaker, with shaker, you’ll get the best cocktails- You can both buy cheap & expensive shakers 🙂
* I am pretty much into this beautiful shaker from Bloomingville.
Yield: 2 small bottles
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 ½ dl orange juice (Aprox. 2 oranges)
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 dl water
How to make it:
- Peel the ginger & dice it
- Pour water, orange juice, sugar & ginger in a pot & bring to a boil (High heat)
- Leave to simmer at medium/low heat for about 20 – 25 minutes
- Add the orange juice, put a lid on the pot & leave to simmer for 20 minutes (Shorter time a thinner consistency & longer time, a thicker consistency)
- Pour into small air tight bottles (Also add the ginger) & use right away/next day or preserve it (It will last very very long, if you do that)
⌈Read below, how I do⌋
I preserve, in a natural way, as I really want to avoid things in my food that is bad for me & my body.
It works perfectly & let your food fresh for a long time – And yes, you can feed it to your children.
There is not alcohol in your food, the jars are just fast washed with it.
I do this:
- I begin with scalding the bottles in hot water
- Then I turn on the oven, on 50 degrees (upper & lower heat)
- I put the bottles on a dishtowel (on a bakingplate) and put it in the middle of the oven
- After 15, take it out
- Pour a bit rum in one of the bottles and close the lid
- Shake it all around, and pour the rum into the next bottle.
Continue the procedure & at last pour the rum out in the zink
- Pour in sirup, put on the lid & store in the fridge (While it’s all still warm)
⇒ Remember to follow me on sociale media!
You can follow the blog on Instagram, Bloglovin or on the blogs Facebook site.
You can also write a comment on this post – Below .. Should you have any questions – I always answer ASAP! 🙂
You are also very welcome to join my newsletter ..
Find the subscription to the newsletter, below this post