At our house w love carpaccio ♥
Everytime I ask Peter, what he wants for dinner – It is carpaccio.
Carpaccio is super easy & fast to make, and it is a very cosy dinner.
You can use it as a small starter, or as a bigger main dish. We often have bacon wrapped dates with this – It makes it a bit tapas-ish! 😉
It is so great & cosy on a friday evening.
Well .. I have to admit, that I usually buy prepacked bresaola from the supermarked. It is so easy, when it only is everyday foos, and not food for a lot of guest.
I should try visit my butcher & hear about carpaccio from veal fillet (and if he can cut it in thin thin slices for me 😉 )
That has to be my next project! 🙂
I am sure it tastes a million times better.
Yield: 4 people
- 2 – 4 packages of Bresaola from the supermarket – aprox. 5 – 6 slices / Person (or a butcher)
- 1 bag of rucola (Aprox. 4 – 8 handfulls)
- 1 bag of pine nuts (80 gram)
- 250 grams of mature cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Dark balsamic vinegar
How to make it:
- Wash the rucola
- Wash the cherry tomatoes & cut in half
- Cut the parmesan very thinly (on a mandoline iron – 1,5 mm)
- Roast the pine nuts on a dry pan
- Place the bresaola on the plates
- Mix rucola with tomatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil & 1 tbsp dark balsamic
- Place 1 – 2 handfull rucola on top of every plate of breosola
- Top it with lots of fresh parmesan & pine nuts