I love pumkin .. All kinds! This dish is with hokkaido and that is delicious.
Hokkaido can be used for lots. It can be fried, used in salads, pickled, ovenbaked & for puré.
This hokkaido are ovenbaked until it is soft & delicious – Remember to check the pumpkin before the time has past – Some pumpkins should have more time in the oven, as each pumpkin are differen 🙂
Well, the pumpkin is ovenbaked & then filled with a delicious mix of ground chicken, rice & different vegetables.
Delicious & healthy food ♥
Yield: 4 persons
- 1 big hokkaido (Aprox. 55 cm in circumference – or 2 small hokkaido, aprox. 30 – 40 cm in circumference
- 400 – 500 grams of ground chicken
- 1,5 dl wild rice
- 3 big cloves of garlic
- Corn (1 corn cob – It it is i season or 2 dl frozen corn)
- 8 – 10 cocktail tomatoes (130 grams)
- 2 handfull of fresh spinach
- 1 chili
- 1 red onion
- 1 can of tomato puré
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 lime
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cilantro
- Olive oil
How to make it:
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees, hot air
- Cut the top of the pumpkin & remove the seeds & some of the meat – I use a spoon
- Season the pumpkin with a lot of salt & pepper
- Put in the oven (with the pumpkin top beside it) for aprox. 40 minutes (20 minutes for 2 small pumpkins)
* Pour out the liquid, that comes in the pumpkin
- Prepare the rice as written on the package & leave to cool
- Peel the garlic & slice thinly. Add to a bowl, and save for later
- Cut the corn cob in half, cook it & cut of the corns. Add to a bowl, and save for later
- Wash the tomatoes & cut into quarters. Add to a bowl, and save for later
- Wash the spinach & chop it. Add to a bowl, and save for later
- Wash the chili, cut in half (If you wish – Remove the seeds) & chop the chili finely. Add to the bowl with garlic in
- Peel the red onion, dice it finely & Add to the bowl with garlic in
- Heat up a pan
- Add oil, garlic, chili & red onion to the pan
- Fry & stir for 1 minute-ish & then add the ground chicken
- Fry & stir until the chicken is done
- Add 1 big tbsp tomatopuré & mix it well together
- Add 1 can chopped tomatoes & the cocktail tomatoes
- Roll the lime (to release the juice), cut in half & press the juice of ½ – 1 lime
- Add paprika, cilantro & the tip of a tsp with cayenne pepper
- Stir it all well & let it simmer on low/medium heat for 20 minutes
- After this, add the corns, chopped spinach & rice
- Fry & stir for 5 minutes
- Transfer the food from the pan to the pumpkin
- Heat in the oven for 30 minutes (1 hour in all .. But it also depends on the pumpkin. Always check it, the last 30 minutes. The pumpkin should be very soft – 15 – 20 minutes for 2 small pumpkins)
Put on the pumpkin top, if you think it gets to much heat
- Take out of the oven & very carefully transfer the pumpkin to a nice serving dish or a cutting board
- Cut a slice & sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan & chopped fresh basil
Health infromation about this beautiful hokkaido:
Hokkaido is a pumkin and it is a fall vegetable.
Pumpkin are very filling & contains both few calories and carbs.
This means that you can eat a lot of pumkin! A pumpkin is great for weight loss & keeps your blood sugar stable.
Pumpkin contains a lot of folate!
* You have extra need for this if you are pregnant or have plans of being pregnant 🙂
Pumpkins can be kept for 2 weeks.
Hokkaido (and pumpkin in general) contains:
More dishes with hokkaido:
⇒ Remember to follow me on sociale media!
You can follow the blog on Instagram, Bloglovin or on the blogs Facebook site.
You can also write a comment on this post – Below .. Should you have any questions – I always answer ASAP! 🙂
You are also very welcome to join my newsletter ..
Find the subscription to the newsletter, below this post