At our house we love bacon that is wrapped around small, sweet & soft dates – One day i came to think of that maybe I could do the same thing with prunes! and … It tastes great! ♥
It is really surprising that a thing that are so easy to make – tastes that great! Yummy Yum ..
Bacon wrapped dates are so delicious. Serve them as a snack, tapas or as a side dish.
That sweet taste from the prunes & the soft consistency, goes very well hand in hand with that salty & smoked bacon.
Well .. You don’t want to eat to many prunes.. I guess you have heard that before 😉
So don’t eat 1 whole bag of prunes each day 😉
But a few prunes, once in a while – is good!
And actually they are healthy too.
They are rich on fibers (and yes, they are great if you have constipation 😉 – yes yes yes! Now I am talking about the embarrassing topic 😉 )
Besides that, Prunes also contains potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin K, manganese & copper.
Eat prunes as tapas, side dish for the food or as a alternative to candy.
They contain a lot of calories .. But if you stand in a position where you have to choose between 1 handful of winegums or 4 prunes – I would choose the prunes.
Both contains a lot of calories, but the winegums also contains a lot of other crap! 😉
I stick to candy in the weekends only.
Yield: Aprox. 12 prunes
- 1 bag of prunes
- 1 package of sliced bacon
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut your sliced bacon i half
- Roll ½ slice of bacon around each prune – close with a toothpick
- Place your bacon-prunes on a baking plate, with baking paper on
- Put them in the oven & bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- When they’re done – Take them out of the oven, let them cool down a bit & pour them into a bowl
→ You should also try my bacon wrapped dates