Right now, I eat this every single morning in the week days ♥
I just love it.. It is very healthy, delicious & satiating. I also love that I can use a lot of topping on this – Topping just makes everything even more delicious! ♥ Below the recipe you can read what I am using as topping on my overnight oats 🙂
Besides topping, I also always eat it with fresh fruit, berries or homemade compote.
This is just an amazing start on my mornings – and chia seeds are very healthy 🙂
What is chia seeds ?
Chia seeds are teeny tiny – But veeeery healthy!
They contains 20% omega-3 fatty acids.
Besides omega-3, chia seeds also contains protein, fibers, calcium & antioxidants.
As chia seeds are in contact with liquid, they expands and become much bigger – Therefore they are really satiating (much more than you think of these tiny seeds)
When the seeds are in contact with liquid, they also besome some kind of gelatin, that makes the food stick together – like glue 🙂
Do not eat the seeds without any liquid.
Yield: 3 persons or 1 person for 3 days
- 130 grams of oats
- 35 grams of chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 350 grams of rice milk
- 3 big sour apples
- 1,5 dl water
- 1 cinnamon stick
How to make it:
Make it the evening before
- Find a plastic tub or a bowl
- Pour chia seeds in it
- Pour oats & vanilla powder in it
- Mix it well
- Then pour in the rice milk – make sure that all off the dry ingredients are covered with milk
- Cover the tub/bowl with clingfilm or lid
- Place in the fridge and let it stay here until the next morning
- When it is done, put some of it in a bowl
- Garnish with apple puree & lots of delicious topping
- Peelt he apples & dice them (in small cubes)
- Add to a pot
- Add water & cinnamon
- Let it simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes (with lid on)
- Take of the lid, and simmer for another 10 minutes
- Take out the cinnamon sticks & add the diced apples to a mini chopper/foodprocessor/blender & blend it shortly, until it is nice & smooth
- Store in air-tight container in the fridge
As topping I use:
⋅ Popped quinoa ⋅ Raw cocoa nibs ⋅ Coconut chips ⋅ Sunflower seeds ⋅ Fresh pomegranate ⋅ Acacia honey ⋅ Chopped almonds ⋅ Hemp seeds ·
More recipes with chia seeds:
⇒ Remember to follow me on sociale media!
You can follow the blog on Instagram, Bloglovin or on the blogs Facebook site.
You can also write a comment on this post (or an e-mail) – Below .. Should you have any questions – I always answer ASAP! 🙂